What to do When the Power Goes Out
- Find the battery operated lanterns
- Close the blinds and drapes and hope to keep the heat in!
- Read a book by lantern (or nook glow!)
- Shadow puppets
- Turn all devices to "low power mode"
- Check Twitter for updates
- Put #alltheblankets on your bed
- Layer up and go for coffee
- Choose the place that DOESN'T offer free wifi (shorter line!)
- Bring home lunch from Whole Foods
- Go for a walk in an attempt to warm up
- Collect branches and make wreaths
- Accept the neighbors offer to make you tea with their generator
- Start a new knitting project
- Celebrate when the oven clock starts flashing again!
24 hours was plenty of time for us. Praying for warmth and safety of others who are still without.