navigation bar


Saturday, September 19, 2015

fiber friday (delayed for revisions)

This will be part one because I am 6 rows from finishing my guernsey shawl! This has been a fun knit and I'm curious to see how blocking goes. The center increases were new for me and I'm a little unsure if the tension, but only time will tell. Edit: I delayed posting this because I was determined to finished! It's done!
Winding yarn

I have already dreamed of wearing this with at least 4 different outfits! A major increase in progress happened after I found this beautiful ceramic bowl from my mother in law. I decided it would be a great place for my knitting to live so that it would be both decorative and practical for storage. This quickly became "at home" knitting since it felt complicated but by now I can read the repeats just from the previous row! Edit: I finished at midnight! I got it all set and blocking so when I woke up, it was ready to wear! LOVE IT! Much less bulky than I imagines, which is nice since it is textured.
Guernsey Shawl

I'm also about to start clue 2 of My mystery shawl! I'm so glad to be back in the fiber world. It is my sole source of relaxation these days. Edit: I woke up early and finished clue 1 so I could start clue 2! Loving the lace pattern so far. Hoping to stay up to speed on this project so with each new clue I can keep plugging away!

Untitled

In the sewing world I purchased a new pattern! I've read through it and am totally pumped! Now I just need to get  fabric and interfacing. I will probably take my Quince&Co yarn with me so that I can be sure to have some coordinating handmade items. Handmade wardrobe seemed so far fetched when I started but now I'm finding it fun motivation to keep up with my creative dreams :)
Bettine Pattern

No comments: