navigation bar


Friday, March 13, 2015

fiber friday


Last weekend I was all about the fabric. I went to the quilt shop with my friend and we took our time touching everything trying to choose the right fabrics for a quilt for her baby boy. I'm making a version of the quilt for another friend as well so we had two piles growing and changing over the course of an hour or so.

When I got home i couldn't wait to start cutting and stitching, however I'm still in need of some more fabric so I washed and ironed and set it aside to work on two other projects. 

These baby bloomers are for a different friend's baby. They are having girl this time around and I'm elated! I used a pattern I got from crafts and though i hit a few frustrating points with teeny tiny pieces, I'd make them again. The first time with a pattern can be a great learning experience :)

The next project I tackled was the backing for my tree quilt. I pulled the left over fabrics from the front to help create a vibrant strip of color and make the piecing look more intentional. I love how the colors pop and the lightness of the main backing color totally contrasts the dark grey front. It's stacked and basted and ready for quilting!



Next up:
1. Decide on how to quilt the tree
2. Aquire some fabric for the baby quilt
3. Start cutting triangles!


No comments: