navigation bar


Friday, July 25, 2014

fiber friday

I love knitted dishrags/washcloths. They are absorbent, easy to launder, and simple knitting projects perfect for the car or a dark movie theater! We use them a lot around the house to try an avoid the extra cost of sponges and paper towels. 

When my mom asked about some knitted washcloths for the project Days for Girls, I jumped at the chance! I've been wanting to try some new patterns and stitches so I started with this basic washcloth while I searched around for more options.  I found some bold and bright colors from the Sugar and Cream line: Blue Mod and Playtime featured below.


Then I decided to try a new pattern I found on Ravelry called Waffle Knit Dishcloth. I really like how this one looks and it is an interesting knit, however the stitches are looser.  If you are looking for a tighter weave, I'd recommend either going down a needle size (to a US 5 from a US 6) or use a different cotton yarn.


Next I'm thinking I'll try something from this website. I especially like the Two Square Washcloth, so we'll see how they turn out!