navigation bar


Thursday, March 8, 2012

Slice of Life 2012 - 8

In looking at this photo I was reminded of a basketball camp I attended in 6th grade. During a break we discussed the amount of time spent preparing, eating and cleaning up meals. Clever as we were, we decided that a simple "meal pill" would be much more efficient, allowing us more hours in the day. And yes, those hours would be for... basketball.

While basketball is no longer my main motivation in life, I have been thinking back to this idea and reflecting on how busy our lives are currently. I certainly could use a few extra hours in the day, yet there is something therapeutic and fulfilling about cooking up a batch of soup for the week, prepping our lunches ahead of time. I think I have finally embraced that right now, this is the life we are living, a life that is a run away train at times but still healthy and intentional. And regardless of the dishes that need washing, I get to choose how I spend each minute of everyday.

Now, if only I could prepare a week's worth of sleep ahead if time...

1 comment:

Juliann in WA said...

that basketball camp memory is great!