navigation bar


Wednesday, December 28, 2011

holiday recap

I can’t believe that Christmas has come and gone! I feel like I was finally ready for the season on December 22nd. We packed all sorts of activities, events and visits into the 28 days of Advent and although it felt claustrophobic at times, I am grateful for each experience. The picture above reminds me of how I felt. Sure, we were pressed for time and space, but we were with the people we love, laughing and enjoying the journey to Christmas.

Here were a few of my holiday faves:
  • singing Christmas Songs
  • making Peppermint Marshmallows
  • sipping Hot Cocoa
  • roaring Fires
  • simply decor
  • baking and general kitchen mess-making
  • stuffing Stockings
  • stitching and knitting and thinking about the gift recipients
  • presents via skype
  • surprise gift that came early
  • surprise gift that was hidden until yesterday
  • a gift from a child who told me about the gift as i unwrapped it
  • gifts that inspire healthy living
  • a new Christmas Album to be enjoyed year after year

Here’s to another wonderful Christmas. Let the merry making push us on to 2012!

No comments: