navigation bar


Monday, August 31, 2015

fiber friday

I'm making tons of progress on my Guernsey Triangle Shawl. I love this project, even though I had to tear out a few rows. I feel good about my choice to go back and fix a few tiny things because it looks so nice now. I'm close to finishing and hope the rain will pause for long enough to get some good photos outside.




Also, I joined Helen Stewart's Mystery Knit Along! Many factors in my choice:

  1. I love her percentage patterns, easy to follow and I always feel accomplished!
  2. I am ready for a new pattern and shawl not that the Guernsey is close to done.
  3. My dear friend is going to knit it as well so we will have another reason to check in on each other and chat knitting! I love the idea of accountability to be working on it steadily.
  4. It means I get to go yarn shopping with my mom (love this!)
  5. I feel confident in my skills to try this type of project. When I told someone about it they asked if i was nervous there would be a stitch that I didn't know. I love that I feel like I have the ability to work through new stitches and try something new!
  6. I love Helen's patterns, they are beautiful


I'm off to the yarn shop this weekend but to prepare I assessed my current stash of shawls to look for colors I don't have much of. I'm leaning toward coral, pinkish, orange since I have a lot of blues, greens and grey in my collection.

I'm also using this cool tool from Quince & Co Yarns so compare colors online. I'd love to use their yarn for this and while I'm not sure if that will work out, it's fun to play with their colors.

I also want to dive back into some sewing. I love my new mustard yellow dress and think that a long weekend is the perfect time to get out the sewing machine! Happy weekend!


2 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

I need to check out that color match. Can't wait for the weekend!

Andi G said...

Cant wait to see your BT shawl finished. Love the color match idea, I could spend hours playing with it. :)