navigation bar


Saturday, May 2, 2015

april goal - update

Wow! I'm not really sure where April went. It was a doozy and in some ways flew by. Here is a look at my goals for the month:

Run 50 miles
This seemed to be going so well, especially when I clocked a 6 mi. PR and then a 10 mile run. Then suddenly it was the 22nd and I was still 19 miles away! I had to really work to get the last few in but I'm even more proud of myself as a result. Mom and I ran a fast 5K on her birthday followed the next day by a 6 mile run. On Tuesday the 28th I realized how little time was left (due to many after work commitments) so I got up at 5:30am and hit the pavement for an early run. This was so awesome because it made me realize that I can go for a run in the morning and be ready for school with just a little extra patience. Double bonus: I got mad props for my hair that day! All in all it was harder than I expected but totally work the challenge.

Donate a Bag a Week
So we kicked off this goal during spring break with NINE BAGS. Felt like cheating a little but it was a great way to start. I technically took this last week off only because I didn't pass the donation center. There are two bags in my car and tomorrow is looking like the day I say goodbye. This challenge was great since I had spring break to dive into organizing. It also inspired us to go through some boxes from moving (2 or 6 years ago?) and we started to realize that consolidating was definitely an option. Many boxes had been mostly emptied and just had a few remaining items. I also was inspired to try a capsule wardrobe and packed away some wintery clothes in hopes for an easier time getting dressed in the morning. So far our quest for a tidy house is going wonderfully and we feel like we have more space to live in. Success!

Send 2 Cards a Week
Okay, maybe I set myself up for an easy month, but I blew this one out of the park as well. I think I averaged more like 3 or 4 a week. This is definitely a trend I want to continue. I still have quite a collection from my HappyMail deliveries and also have been using up some simple "thank you" cards I got from target. Love sending notes in the mail. Sometimes I feel like I can say things better in a few short words.

What's in store for May? Not sure yet. I want to keep it simple like April and will probably continue with a running goal since it's getting to be the time of year where being outside feels so good! I'll probably need to set a food goal since we sort of lacked in that area the last week of April (how many days in a row CAN you eat breakfast for dinner?). April - you were hard but you were successful. Onward!

2 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

Well done! I think you could call April a #cheerfulnomatterwhat success!

Jess said...

Indeed! Thanks :)