navigation bar


Thursday, March 5, 2015

stitching

The thing about sewing that is challenging for me is the lack of a dedicated space. Sewing doesn't just mean pulling out a project, it also means digging out the iron and ironing board, unpacking my machine and finding all my tools. It means clearing off the kitchen table and making space for cutting and stitching. I get exhausted just thinking about it!

Luckily these tasks are worth every minute and I'm always grateful for making the time to play with fabric.



Tonight I tried out Craftsy. I was on the hunt for something to sew for a friend's baby. I found this cute pair of bloomers. I even had the perfect fabric waiting on my stash. So I printed, prepped, iron and cut.

Minutes later I was in it!  I need to find my stash of elastic and then they'll be complete - minus the adorable baby who will wear them. Grateful for the time to try something new and use up my stash. 



Happy stitching!

1 comment:

Juliann in WA said...

Well worth it! One day you will have a dedicated sewing space.