navigation bar


Friday, May 9, 2014

Fiber Friday no. 4

I recently came into some free worsted weight yarn.

Everyone dance!

I took some creamy colored yarn and immediately cast on the mara shawl from Madeline Tosh which I've been eagerly waiting to try. Cute blue bird stitch markers are from mom


I also grabbed some black yarn to make a hat for church. I want to do something simple but fun since it's a smaller project. I'm thinking this pattern might be nice because I can use a few other bits of yarn I have around as added details. Maybe a variety of thin stripes?

I'm still plugging away at my Fireflies Rising Shawlette, I just haven't had much opportunity for extended periods of knitting where I can sit down and really dive into it.

This weekend I plan to get my knitting on. The rainy weather seems like perfect knitting weather!

No comments: