navigation bar


Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Slice of Life 2012 - 14

All week long I made preparations for this night. I arrived early to set up, to make sure everything was in order, made extra copies in case more showed up. As she bounced down the hall I thought briefly, "What if she's the only one? How will I adapt, how can I adjust to make the lesson fit her..."

In the end, she was the only one. We sang & danced, cut & pasted, prayed and checked off each of the items in my lesson plan. We could've just played instead, but we did the lesson because she is just as important as a room full of students. She showed up, which is sometimes the hardest part.

Tonight she got to ask questions and make decisions; she didn't have to wait for the littler ones to follow directions or help them clean up their mess; she got to be the only one. But then I realized that she wasn't the only one. I showed up, too. So we danced the hour away, with a cartwheel or two, and sang with all our hearts:
Forever God is faithful, forever God is strong, forever God is with us, forever.

No comments: